Look What I've Accomplished!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Friday, April 3, 2009

Games my mind plays...


The weirdest thing happened yesterday. I kept thinking I cheated on the plan. I physically felt as though I cheated, I emotionally felt as though I cheated and I kept having to remind myself that I hadn't cheated. I wonder what triggered the emotion, 2 thoughts came to mind; one being that I haven't been physically active except for playing fetch with the dog and going up and down the stairs numerous times a day, I believe that's playing with my psyche and I'm feeling guilty about it. The second being that I made turkey chili (good gawd it's delicious) and it fills my tummy up and it makes me feel bloated and full (and gaseous). I think since I don't eat like I used to, now I eat and I'm satisfied, never full, just satisfied, chili makes me very full which I associate that feeling with the feelings of a binge. Am I making sense? I've been asking that question a lot lately.

In spite of what I promised myself I went and weighed myself, even though I know I ate chili, even though I know I'm on my period, I just had to weigh myself, it's another one of those things I can't seem to control and the result was a 2 lbs loss. I was stunned to say the least. I got on the scale 3 times just to make sure and yes I'm now at a slim trim 266 lbs. :D

I would like to thank you all for the support I'm getting, not only for the Sizzling Hot Summer Challenge but for everything. You are a great group of people and I totally appreciate you all. I am totally blessed to have such good online friends.

4 comments:

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

I understand completely! I do the same thing - having a plate full of salad before eating dinner, and then eating a good portion of yummy food, even when I know it's not full of calories, as long as I'm full vs satisfied, I feel guilty as well. The good news? You're on the right track. As long as you're making great choices such as turkey chili, that is such a good habit you can keep with you for life! Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work, and feel PROUD would ya? :)

Melisa said...

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! I have had those same types of thoughts when I eat something that totally fills me up or seemslike it should be a "bad" thing...like the 2 chili chz dogs I had the other night! :) I follow WW and both were only 6.5pts!

You are doing excellent! Love the signature Sassle dishes on the menu. Congrats on the loss.

Great pic too btw, the other one had me picturing a blonde! lol

Unknown said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've had it happen to me on more than one occassion, and yesterday was a BIG TIME re-step on the scale half a dozen times for me. Congrats on the loss.

One Pretty Little Box said...

Your chili sound yummy!! I do know what mean. It now hurts to overeat ~ not only emotionally but physically too. I find that to be a good thing ~ I don't like hurting.

"This blog is so much more then writing about my weight loss journey it has become an extension in helping me know who I am and who I can be."

Sassle