Look What I've Accomplished!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Friday, December 26, 2008

Looking back on 2008

Got this from an AA blog.

  • Where did you begin 2008? I was living in an upper duplex in a very poor part of town where there were drug dealers, guns and then some. We were shot at twice, well hubby was.
  • What was your status by Valentine's Day? I am married and can't even remember if we celebrated it, I doubt it though, if this years Christmas is any indication we probably did nothing.
  • Did you have any encounters with the police? No *touch wood.
  • Where did you go on vacation? Nowhere
  • Did you know anybody who got married? Yeah clients
  • Did you move anywhere? yes a beautiful farm house in the country where the nearest store is 5 miles away (that's what happens when hubby gets shot at in the city)
  • What concerts/shows did you go to? nowhere
  • Where do you live now? My new farm house (we rent) where I love it!
  • Describe your birthday? Hubby made me a birthday card, we went out for breaky, all in all it was a great day, hubby's great with birthdays (so far)
  • What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2008? go to AA
  • What has/have been your favorite moment(s)? the whole summer, actually from the moment we moved to the farm its been grate, live in a great town, have great neighbors, life's great on the ranch LOL
  • What's something you learned about yourself? That I was lucky to have survived 8 years sobriety without the benefit of The program of AA.
  • Any new additions to your family? Yes my nephew "D".
  • What was your best month? um, May to October
  • What music will you remember 2008 by? nothing comes to mind!
  • Who has been your best friend? me, myself and I oh and my sponsor
  • Made new friends? oh yes many new friends thank god I was getting lonely...
  • Favorite Night[s] none in particular, they're all good.
  • Any regrets? more like lessons
  • Overall, how would you rate this year? I would give it an 10 because I'm alive and grateful for all that I have, even on bad days like today.
  • What would you change about 2008? I would have lost some weight but so far I put on 20 pounds so that would have been nice but aside from that nothing because I'm where I'm supposed to be.
  • Other than home, where did you spend most of your time? Outside
  • Have any life changes in 2008? yes, many thanks to the program of AA\
  • Change your hairstyle? yep, put streaks and leaving it long
  • Get a new job? yes, changed businesses and so far so good.
  • How old did you turn this year? 43
  • Do you have a New Year's resolution? Yes and I already started it.
  • Did anything embarrassing? Don't know!
  • Buy anything new from eBay? nope
  • What was/were your favorite purchase[s]? my horses
  • Get married or divorced? nope
  • Get arrested? nope
  • Be honest - did you watch American Idol? no, haven't since Taylor Hicks won, that's when I said enough is enough LOL
  • Did you get sick this year? Yes early in the year but I finally found a solution to not get sick, don't live in the same house as the grandchildren.
  • Start a new hobby? Not really
  • Been snowboarding? no
  • Are you happy to see 2008 go? oh yeah
  • Drank Starbucks in 2008? yeah once maybe twice
  • Been naughty or nice? both
  • What are you wishing for in 2009? to be healthy, happy and at peace with myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have that exact same wish.
now to do the rest of the meme for ME ME.

"This blog is so much more then writing about my weight loss journey it has become an extension in helping me know who I am and who I can be."

Sassle