Look What I've Accomplished!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Saturday, September 20, 2008

"Knock-Knock"! Who's There? "The Sugar Monster!!"


Ok, I decided to write about it instead of doing it (so far that is). Hubby and I were invited to an event today and yesterday we had decided we didn't want to go, we were going to chill at home. Then this morning hubby woke up and changed his mind, he wants to go and ride his Harley to the party. I have ridden on the Harley at this weight last year but with so many deers running in front of bikes and cars I've opted to let the fear of deer and my weight keep me from going to the party. Now that's not the current issue, though it obviously is a huge one, me letting fear run my life, I'm aware that its not right but lets get to issue at hand.

The evil Sugar Monster was knocking on my door, telling me that whilst the hubby was out at said party eating hot dogs, burgers, brats etc. why don't I drive to get me some sugar i.e. Little Debbies, any cake will do, hot dogs or whatever tickles my tongue fancy. I know that sugar causes me some serious anxiety issues so I'm not totally committed to listening to the little monster (I could safely call him a big monster) but I'm tempted, as tempted as one can be to bite into something fatty and sugary.

But! There's a voice another voice that is that's talking to me and telling me to remember what I felt like the other night, when I was suffering anxiety attacks, fearing I'd have a heart attack, fearing I'd die alone (since hubby will be gone). Then there's another voice saying "but you're only starting on Monday, this might be your last hurah" last hurah alright it might just kill me.

I got received a comment from Mizfit and in that comment
she says heres to a good weekend and an amazing start of a new lifestyle monday (or today? maybe??)
That comment had me thinking, today? maybe?? hmm do I need to wait for monday to start my new lifestyle. The power of positive suggestion is amazing, its the reason I haven't hopped into the car and started on my sugar monster plan, that one comment made me think, it stopped me in my tracks but for how long? I don't know but I'll take for now. I'll keep y'all posted as to my progress.

Thanks for reading!

Sassle {that's me}




4 comments:

Wendi said...

Good luck on your new lifestyle! If you wait until tomorrow to start tomorrow never comes, i've been gonna start my new lifestyle since this time last year and didn't get off my fanny until just a few days ago.

Spillin' the truth said...

Hey thanks for the support :-D

I got the calorie allotment from the You: On A Diet... I know its a little low... but if I feel hungry I will adjust.

Best of Luck on Monday :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, somehow it is so good to relize that we are not alone with our fears and worrys about being overweight. I found you via Escape from Obesity, hope you dont mind. Good luck, I'll be with you all the way and hope that I can have even just some of the success that I know you will have. Carol

Sassle said...

@wendi, thanks for the words of encouragement I'm in the process of getting ready, I'm starting to write down exactly what I need to eat and do tomorrow. Thanks for visiting.

@val, Thank you for the support! I will be following your success by checking out your blog regularly and Best of Luck to you too.

@Carol, I do not mind at all, its nice to know I'm not alone. I wish you success, I believe when we have buddies to help us out it makes things so much easier.

"This blog is so much more then writing about my weight loss journey it has become an extension in helping me know who I am and who I can be."

Sassle